Community Managers are a member of staff that is responsible for working with the rest of staff to ensure specific goals are being met for the specific game they represent. Community managers will represent the game it’s community and player’s interests, as well as be responsible for helping grow the segment of the community they represent. For example, community managers may need to post relevant content to their game on our website and/or our twitter to ensure the community is kept up to date with relevant information pertaining to their game both internally and externally. Community Managers also serve as community experts to help staff in an advisory capacity when members need assistance or we are looking to make changes and be able to ascertain how certain changes may positively or negatively affect the members they represent, as such will need to be actively involved in the community they represent, and should seek to be in tune with what members want and need us to provide for them. Community Managers will report directly to the staff in the overall group hierarchy, but are expect to be just as involved in staff discussion, debate, and decisions concerning the community from the vantage point of the game they represent..
Discord: Community Manager
At a minimum, the Community Manager role will grant the abilities to kick, ban and mute members, remove content that is against our guidelines and change offensive nicknames.
In order to facilitate who we hire from the community, when a vacancy arises, staff will post it to the website and in the discord, calling for applications of interest. In order to fill this role, we require at a minimum:
- Must be an active member of the community.
- Must be committed to Middle Age Noobs community values.
- Must be mature and able to handle the authority granted.
- Must be interested in the betterment of the community and the staff vision.
- Must be recognized in the community as a positive and active member.
- Must be an active and frequent player of the game they represent.
- Community Managers are expected to be actively involved and representing their game and it’s players in on going #staff chat discussions
- Be friendly and respectful.
- Do not misuse or abuse moderator authority, subject to staff discretion.
- Send questions to the staff when they are outside the scope of a Community Manager
- Welcome new members in our general chats and provide support if needed.
- Actively post relevant game news, patch notes, etc on our website and our twitter account.
- Represent game and player base on the server in staff discussion
- Help facilitate & facilitate official #man-events for their games and it’s players