Moderators are responsible for upholding community values by taking necessary action to ensure that our community guidelines are being followed. For example, moderators may need to remove content and/or members that violate our guidelines, or steer conversations away from topics that are too controversial. Moderators also serve as community experts and will help staff in an advisory capacity when members need assistance or we are looking to make changes. Moderators will report directly to the staff in the overall group hierarchy.
At a minimum, the moderator role will grant the abilities to kick, ban and mute members, remove content that is against our guidelines and change offensive nicknames.
In order to facilitate who we hire from the community, when a vacancy arises, staff will post it to the website and in the discord, calling for applications of interest. In order to fill this role, we require at a minimum:
- Must be an active member of the community.
- Must be committed to Middle Age Noobs community values.
- Must be mature and able to handle the authority granted.
- Must be interested in the betterment of the community and the staff vision.
- Must be able to quickly determine a course of action and execute it when required.
- Must be recognized in the community as a positive and active member.
- Must be from the timezone of the posted position.
Moderators are expected to be vigilant within the community to help ensure that those who join for the wrong reasons are quickly discovered and moderated appropriately. We look for our moderators to:
- Take necessary action in the event a member violates community guidelines.
- Be friendly and respectful.
- Do not misuse or abuse moderator authority, subject to staff discretion.
- Send questions to the staff when they are outside the scope of a moderator.
- Welcome new members in our general chats and provide support if needed.
- Post information regarding any interactions with members in the Moderation channel in Discord.
- Contact a member of staff if not sure how to respond or which decision to make.